1.Tuition fees must be paid by 2015/09/11.
2. Freshmen students may apply for credit waiver from 2015/09/14 to 2015/09/18
3. Application for minor study and double major begins from 2016/05/11 to 2016/05/24
◎Minor study: The courses and the total number of credits required for graduation of the minor study depend on the regulations of each department.
◎Double major: Students should take all the specific compulsory courses and obtain the total number of credits required for graduation of the department.
4. Application for transcripts: You may get the transcripts in Chinese on the same day of application. As for the transcripts in English, you have to wait for one week’s work days.
5. Suspension of study: Students may apply for temporary suspension each semester but no later than one week before the final exams. The accumulated limit for temporary suspension is two academic years.
6. Expulsion : Students who fail to get 1/2 of the total number of credits from the courses taken during the semester for two consecutive semesters shall be expelled from school. (Note: the semesters before and after the suspension of study are considered as two consecutive semesters)
7. Application for inter-departmental transfer begins from 2014/03/03 to 2014/03/09. As for the criteria, quota and other notes regarding the inter-departmental transfer for each department, please see the TKU Regulations Regarding Admissions for Transfer Students.
8. Please register your English name (the name on your passport) on the website of “Student Data Login System”.
9. Please be sure to use the mail box of the school.
1.The compulsory courses are all pre-selected by the academic assistant. Students can select other courses on line during the first selection and add and drop period. For this semester, the first selection for freshmen begins from 11:00 am, 2015/08/31 to 10:00 am, 2015/09/02.
Add and drop period: from 11:00am, 2015/09/21 to 10:00 am, 2015/09/29(the second week of the academic year). Mid-term course withdraw period: from. 11:00am, 2015/12/07 to 10:00 am, 2015/12/13(the 13th week of the academic year).
2. Regulations regarding the credits to take for each semester:
2.1 For freshmen and sophomore students: 15 credits minimum and 25 credits maximum
2.2 For senior students: 9 credits minimum and 25 credits maximum
2.3 Students in extension: 1 course minimum and 25 credits maximum
3. If a student has taken the same course repeatedly, the credit of the course should only be calculated for one time into the total number of credits for graduation.
4. Students who cannot attend class with permission are considered as absent. Those who fail to attend class without taking approved leave will be considered as absent without justification. The regulations for absents are as follow:
4-1. Students absent without justification for one hour will be considered as absent for two hours.
4-2. Students taking a course but being absent for 1/3 of the total hours of the course, after being informed by the lecturer to the Office of Academic Affairs, are no longer allowed to attend the exam of this course, and will receive a score of zero for this subject.
5. For Langyang Campus, during the official check in period, students should check in their student ID card in the checking point to register themselves in the system. Those who fail to check in are considered as absent.
1. To select the courses, please go to the website of curriculum online system: http://www.ais.tku.edu.tw/elecos/
2. The subjects for selections: The compulsory courses are automatically added. The courses students need to select are the elective courses and the common subjects for freshmen, which include 12 credits of foundation courses, 18 credits of core curriculum(Culture, Sociology, Science), and Service-Learning Courses.
3. Course enquiry guide:, Go to this website to check the Course Catalog: http://esquery.tku.edu.tw/acad/
Step 1: Click “Course Search” to select search condition I to select the name of your “College”, “Department”, “Grade”, then click “Search”. A list of all the courses for freshmen of this department will show. Click “Control Number” of each course to see the syllabus in order to be sure of the courses you are going to select. Note down the “Course Number” on the left side before you go to the website of curriculum online system to select your courses.
Step 2: Click “Course Search” to select search condition II : to set “Category” as “General Education Curriculum on Lanyang Campus”, select each program and click “Search” to see the list. Click “Control Number” to see the syllabus in order to be sure of the courses you are going to select. Note down the “Course Number” on the left side before you go to the website of curriculum online system to select your courses.
Step3: Click “Admission Requirements, Fees, Registration/Enrollment, and More”, then click one by one “1. Enrollment Schedule and Information”, “2. Enrollment Period”, “3. Course Period, Time, and Building Codes and Important Notice” or “4. Core Curriculum Information for Freshman” to check the content.